CAMP CREEK HUNT CLUB RULES - 2019
“Camp Creek Hunt Club” lies in South Carolina Game Zone 2 and all state regulations apply with regard to seasons and limits and other laws set forth by the state. Additionally, the following will further govern the club.
MEMBERSHIP - Annual membership dues are $950. 1/3 of membership dues are to be paid by end of Jan. and is non-refundable. The other 2/3 are due by the end of April. New members will pay $1000 for their first year. The extra $50 is a onetime application fee. Memberships include household family members. Exception: Children living at the member’s home over the age of 21 will be considered a guest and will be required to pay the $25 Guest fee and complete a waiver form. (Note: College students of paid members are allowed to hunt under their parent’s membership). Anyone under 15 years of age must be seated with the member or an experienced hunter 21 years of age or older.
At our annual meeting, changes to any rules will be voted on and a majority vote will be needed for changes to be made. Officers will be voted on as well and a majority vote will be needed.
The Lease will be held in the club’s name, CAMP CREEK HUNT CLUB and will not at any time be changed or held in an individual’s name.
WORKDAYS- It is mandatory that all members participate in TWO workdays. If you are unable to attend a workday, please contact one of the club officers to make alternate arrangements. Missing one workday will result in a fine of $75.00 and a 2-week suspension during the first two weeks of gun season. Missing two workdays will result in a $150.00 fine and a 3-week suspension during the first three weeks of gun season. All fines will need to be paid prior to stepping on the grounds of “Camp Creek Hunt Club” of either archery season, muzzleloader season, and or rifle season of the present year from May 10th 2019 to May 10th 2020.
1. All antlered deer are required to have a minimum 12” inside spread AND 4 points on one side 1” or longer. All bucks will be measured with a steel rod that will be cut to a measurement of 11 7/8” to give a small variance to the 12” inside spread requirement. This rod will be kept at the sign in board.
2. **The deer’s head will need to be photographed with rod in between rack for verification and posted on the kill board.
3. Each membership harvest is limited to 2 club legal bucks and 3 does. The first buck must be 12 inches and the second buck must be 14 inches or wider. A club tag may be purchased for $100 to harvest a 3rd club legal buck. Guests are only allowed 1 antlerless deer (see Guest rules).
4. Antlered deer killed less than 12” of the above requirement will require the member to pay a fine of $150 and a one-week suspension (Suspension begins immediately) from hunting on the club property of “Camp Creek Hunt Club”.
5. A second offense results in immediate dismissal from the club for the season and the member will have to be voted back in the following season. If an illegal deer is taken and not brought out then that member, and whoever knows about it is out of the club.
6. All deer and turkeys are to be recorded on the reporting sheet at the map board.
7. Youth hunters and spouses who have never killed a deer can kill anything under the minimum whether it is a buck or doe. After their first kill then ALL CLUB rules will be in effect!
8. No field dressing and leaving gut piles on the property.
9. If you shoot at a deer you must attempt to harvest that deer. You must make every effort to retrieve the deer and remove from the property.
ACCESS AND USE OF PROPERTY
1. All stands and areas are open to members on a first come basis.
2. Permanent stands like boxes, tripods and ladder stands are to be numbered on the map board even if they are your personal property.
3. You must use your numbered tag to mark the area you are hunting and only after 4:30 am on the day of the hunt. You must remove your tag after each hunt morning and evening for safety reasons.
4. Your tagged area must also cover family accompanying you. Children under 20 years of age to 15 years of age need to be close enough for visual and verbal contact and others within 100 yards for family member and also can be located at the nearest CLUB STAND. Family/Guests over the ages described above will be considered a full guest/family with no restrictions as to where to go to hunt.
5. Climbing and portable hang on type stands or blinds are permitted to a maximum of 5 and must be done before deer season begins. All portables are to be carried in the day of the hunt, left in for the time period you are hunting (days you are there or week you are taking off to hunt) or by bringing out the same day you are hunting after the evening hunt. You may leave the portable in as one of your 5 counted lock ons during the season too! Blinds placed on food plots or roads will be considered club stands. *You may not hunt a member’s lock on, climber or personal blind (not on a road or food plot) without their permission. Required: please put initials, date, year, around the tree with tape provided by “Camp Creek Hunt Club” to be reflective for safety reasons to find someone if needing assistance.
6. You must use the gates and lock each after passing. You paid for the right to use the property so don’t leave it open to others who did not. Do not bypass the gates and create an easy path for those trespassing against you.
7. No vehicles are permitted for use inside the gates between two Saturdays before March 20 and May 5 (For Turkey Hunting). In addition, September 1st will be the last time to go in on the property to either move stands, check cameras, scout, corn up your bait stands before the archery season starts a week and a half later.
8. No joy riding on ATVs / motor vehicles during deer season. NO EXCEPTIONS! Camera checking and corning is to be done on the way in or out to your stand for the hunt that day. No camera checking or corning day or night during the deer season at other stand locations. Do all your scouting prior to the start of the season. Last entry on the property is September 1st of each year before archery season starts.
9. Blaze orange is required to be worn during gun deer seasons while moving on the ground to and from check box to your stand location. *Your decision whether to wear it while in stand.*
10. No alcoholic beverages / drugs are permitted on the club property during hunting season.
11. Members and Guests are asked to use tethered tree straps where necessary on all stands for your safety.
12. Anyone that is not re-upping from the previous year will need to have your stands out and off the property by February 15th of each year.
13. No more than 3 stands may be occupied by a paid member and his/her family.
14.. Make every effort to keep Camp Creek Hunt Club clean. This includes stands, campsite and roadways.
1.Member bringing GUEST can only have 1 gun between the two hunters, there is NO GUEST FEE for turkey hunting.
HOG AND COYOTE HUNTING
1. No hunting hogs or coyotes at night during Deer Season
2. You may not bait hogs over food plots
3. Predator hunting during the day and at night ends Aug. 15th to give the property time to rest prior to deer season.
1. Night hunting is permitted at CCHC.
2. Hunters must log their hunts and kills on the sheet in the check in board.
3. If hunting at night you must call Fairfield county dispatch to let them know so officers are not dispatched to property.
1. If a member wishes to have a camper on the property year round, a $200 fee must be paid to our leasing company and is due when you pay your membership dues. If you do not keep your camper on the property year round there is no fee, however your camper must be off the property from June-August.
2. Camping may only be done at the campground.
3. No fires except at the campground
1. Each member is limited to 4 daily guest passes total for deer season only and the daily fee is $25. An individual guest is limited to 4 daily hunts total.
2. The member must notify Brandon High or Tyler Hines prior to bringing a guest and a waiver form must be signed and filled out (located at the check in stand) before entering the club property.
3. A guest may shoot 1 antlerless deer only. **If a guest shoots a buck there will be a $150 fine and a one-week suspension of the member whose guest shot the buck.