Camp Creek Hunt Club Rules 2018
“Camp Creek Hunt Club” lies in South Carolina Game Zone 2 and all state regulations apply with regard to seasons and limits and other laws set forth by the state. Additionally, the following will further govern the club.
MEMBERSHIP - Annual membership dues are $925 (New Members) the $50 is considered an application fee for the first year for new members, $875 (Existing Members) and Annual Membership dues must be paid in full by March 1st. Memberships include household family members. Exception: Children living at the member’s home over the age of 21 will be considered a guest and will be required to pay the $25 Guest fee and complete a waiver form. (Note: College students of paid members are allowed to hunt under their parent’s membership). Anyone under 15 years of age must be seated with the member or an experienced hunter 21 years of age or older.
WORKDAYS- It is mandatory that all members participate in TWO workdays. If you are unable to attend workday please contact a club officers to make alternate arrangements. Missing one work day will result in a fine of $100.00. Missing two workdays will result in a $200.00 fine. All fines will need to be paid prior to stepping on the grounds of “Camp Creek Hunt Club” of either archery season, muzzle loader season, and or rifle season of the present year from March 1st 2018 to March 1st 2019.
** The “Camp Creek Hunt Club” officers are non-voteable at the present time!
1. All antlered deer are required to have a minimum 12” inside spread AND 4 points on one side 1” or longer. All bucks will be measured with a steel rod that will be cut to a measurement of 11 7/8” to give a small variance to the 12” inside spread requirement. This rod will be kept at the sign in board.
2. **The deer’s head will need to be photographed with rod in between rack for verification and posted on the kill board.
3. Each membership harvest is limited to 2 club legal bucks and 3 does. A club tag may be purchased for $100 to harvest a 3rd club legal buck. Guests are only allowed 1 antlerless deer (see Guest rules).
4. Antlered deer killed less than 12” of the above requirement will require the member to pay a fine of $150 and a one week suspension (Suspension Immediately starting the next calendar day) from hunting on the club property of “Camp Creek Hunt Club”.
5. A second offense results in immediate dismissal from the club. If an illegal deer is taken and not brought out then that member, and whoever knows about it is out of the club.
6. All deer and turkeys are to be recorded on the reporting sheet at the map board.
7. Youth hunters and spouses who have never killed a deer can kill anything under the minimum whether it is a buck or doe. After their first kill then ALL CLUB rules will be in effect!
8. No field dressing and leaving gut piles on the property.
9. If you shoot at a deer you must attempt to harvest that deer. You must make every effort to retrieve the deer and remove from the property.
ACCESS AND USE OF PROPERTY
1. All stands and areas are open to members on a first come basis.
2. Permanent stands like boxes, tripods and ladder stands are to be numbered on the map board even if they are your personal property.
3. You must use your numbered tag to mark the area you are hunting and only after 4:30 am on the day of the hunt. You must remove your tag after each hunt morning and evening for safety reasons. *There will be a log book at the check in board, log the closest stand to the area you hunted. The purpose of this is to show how much pressure an area has had.*
4. Your tagged area must also cover family accompanying you. Children under 20 years of age to 15 years of age need to be close enough for visual and verbal contact and others within 100 yards for family member and also can be located at the nearest CLUB STAND. Family/Guests over the ages described above will be considered a full guest/family with no restrictions as to where to go to hunt.
5. Climbing and portable hang on type stands or blinds are permitted to a maximum of 5 and must be done before deer season begins. All portables are to be carried in the day of the hunt, left in for the time period you are hunting (days you are there or week you are taking off to hunt) or by bringing out the same day you are hunting after the evening hunt. You may leave the portable in as one of your 5 counted lock ons during the season too! *You may not hunt a member’s lock on or climber without their permission. Required: please put initials, date, year, around the tree with tape provided by “Camp Creek Hunt Club” to be reflective for safety reasons to find someone if needing assistance.
6. You must use the gates and lock each after passing. You paid for the right to use the property so don’t leave it open to others who did not. Do not bypass the gates and create an easy path for those trespassing against you.
7. No vehicles are permitted for use inside the gates between two Saturdays before March 20 and May 5 (For Turkey Hunting) except for the gate 1 main road, but only to the orange cones. Also, September 1st will be the last time to go in on the property to either move stands, check cameras, corn up your bait stands before the archery season starts a week and a half later.
8. No joy riding on ATVs / motor vehicles during deer season. NO EXCEPTIONS! Camera checking and corning is to be done on the way in or out to your stand for the hunt that day. No camera checking or corning day or night during the deer season at other stand locations. Do all your scouting prior to the start of the season. Last entry on the property is September 1st of each year before archery season starts.
9. Blaze orange is required to be worn during gun deer seasons while moving on the ground to and from check box to your stand location. *Your decision whether to wear it while in stand.*
10. No alcoholic beverages / drugs are permitted on the club property during hunting season.
11. Members and Guests are asked to use tethered tree straps where necessary on all stands for your safety.
12. Shooting Range is only available between 12:00 pm-1:00 pm daily during all seasons of deer seasons and turkey seasons. This is to be used only at these times to sight in or make an adjustment to a rifle if needed for dropping or just out of adjustment caused by driving or bumping your scope.
13. Anyone that is not re-upping from the previous year will need to have your stands out and off the property by February 15th of each year.
14. No more than 3 stands may be occupied by a paid member and his/her family.
15. Make every effort to keep Camp Creek Hunt Club clean. This includes stands, campsite and roadways.
1. Member bringing GUEST can only have 1 gun between the two hunters, can’t spread out between the two of you and there is NO GUEST FEE for turkey hunting.
2. During Turkey season you may not drive past the orange cones in gate one, which are being moved to 23 and the cut off at 9 near the big oak tree. All other gates no further than 100 yards inside the gate.
Each member is limited to 4 daily guest passes total for deer season only and the daily fee is $25. An individual guest is limited to 4 daily hunts total.
The member must notify Jerry Beachum prior to bringing a guest (704)-254-7210 and a waiver form must be signed and filled out (located at the check in stand) before entering the club property.
A guest may shoot 1 antlerless deer only.